The RSS is involved in the application of remote sensing techniques, including satellite remote sensing and aerial photography, to monitor changes on natural resources in space and time and early warning system for food security planning and management.
- To monitor land use/cover changes over time and space;
- To map and monitor forest cover changes over time and space;
- T provide timely pre-harvest production forecast of cereals (maize and wheat);
- To develop early warning system for predicting drought and plant biomass production and
- To map urban infrastructure.
- Monitoring of land use/cover;
- Forest cover mapping and monitoring;
- Crop forecasting and early warning systems (e.g. drought) and
- Urban land use mapping and planning.